Posted: Jul 10 2016, 07:30 PM

© N/A // Offline

11 POSTS
Witch
PUREBLOOD
Jackie

young, wild, free
tag: Auggie outfit
“After all this time, being here with you still feels the same. So, don’t be a stranger in my life. Please keep me posted. If you need me, just pick up the phone and I’ll be there no questions asked. It’s good to see you again.”

It was the worst of days. It was her first day back in London in years, and the rain was pouring relentlessly. The dark gloomy clouds went on forever in the sky, making it seem like the sun had been erased completely. They had it all, loud thunder, dangerously close lightening, and the endless rain, and yet Ansley found herself beaming ear to ear. To her, the weather was nothing but perfect. In fact, everything seemed perfect now that she had taken a fresh new start in life. Leaving behind a deadbeat husband, and lots of broken promises and dreams, she was more then ready to make new ones. Ones that did not require others to join her if they did not want too.

But first, she had something to take care of. She barely stopped off at her new apartment before she found herself standing in front of the Ministry of Magic directory board. It had taken some time, and with the help of some very old connections, she managed to find out just what happened to her childhood friend. It had been years since she last talked to her friend Augustine Frost. They had been the best of friends, two peas in a pod, who were hardly ever seen separated. If her parents had had their way she would have been part of the Frost family, but with fickle parents such as theirs, things did not work out the way they had wanted. Which, to Ansley was fine. Her ten year old self never pictured marrying one of the Frost brothers, let alone marry at all. She was too busy playing pirates and going on imaginary adventures with her friend.

Thanks to her parents though, once they realized that a marriage arrangement wouldn’t be made for her future, she was shipped off to the United States to attend Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardy, It was this separation and their age that caused them to lose contact after a while, but Ansley was hoping that they might be able to reconnect now that she was back in town. “Control of Magical creatures..” She mumbled to herself as she scanned the directory with her finger, “Gotcha!” She exclaimed suddenly, a little louder then she intended. Pulling back her hand she gave a little awkward smile and wave to the people who were now staring before heading off to her destination.

Once she made it, she was greeted by a rather lovely secretary. “Hello. I’m here to see Mr. Frost.” She explained with nervous excitement. Unfortunately for Ansley though, it was explained to her that he was currently out of the office and that she wasn’t sure when he’d be back. She couldn’t contain a light huff at the news. It wasn’t the poor secretary’s fault, but Ansley had always been a rather impatient person. When asked if she wanted to leave a message, Ansley shook her head no. “No, it is fine. I will just wait. He has to come back some time right?” She said with a teasing smile, before taking a seat to wait for who knows how long.

Ansley was finding it more difficult to wait as the time passed. It had almost been an hour and she was getting quite bored and antsy. That is when she noticed the secretary get up to what she assumed would be to use the restroom. This meant that Auggie’s office was currently unattended and could be easily snuck into. Curiosity got the better of her about what his office might be like. Would it be filled with unique knick knacks that could spark some form of creativity and inspiration? Or would it be stuffy and boring like most offices seemed to be? She would of course find out when he finally came back, but then again, she wondered why bother to wait? She did not have anything to do now and she couldn’t listen to the secretary fan girl over the newest quidditch star any longer. So without further ado, and after a quick check to make sure no one else was around, she quickly snuck into the office and closed the door behind her. The secretary would most likely just assume she had gotten tired of waiting and left.

Not wanting to get caught, she kept the light off and waited for her eyes to adjust. She had hoped that the window blinds might be open for some additional light, but it was not so she didn’t get the view of the office she was hoping for. However, what she did manage to see was what looked like the most comfortable chair she had ever seen. Without even thinking about it, she went over and took a seat. Turns out it was even more comfortable then the outline looked. Fluffy and soft with just the perfect about of padding, and of course who doesn’t love a chair that spins? Now this, she thought, was the perfect place to sit and wait for her long lost friend.

girlwhowaited @ (cttw )( shine)
PM
^
augustine c. faust
 Posted: Jul 17 2016, 11:30 AM

© august // Offline

50 POSTS
WIZARD
PUREBLOOD
anna

Could you lay with me? Underneath the stars, just conversate with me? and it's so plain to see That one could lose his way. So could you pray with me That I don't lose my soul in the luxury?
Augustine Faust was in need of rest but of course, the Faust's opinion of rest was to dive into the job and work, resting the mind from senseless drama's of one's own personal life and instead focus on being productive and useful. He had been in need of this "rest" since the death of his wife, and his unborn daughter. Clementine, Clementine Faust was going to be her name. They had begun to build her nursery in their home already. His wife, Karolyne, had been so happy, she cried when she told him they were expecting. He had been nervous but deliriously happy. She had made him deliriously happy and had she still been around, perhaps the old friend he was unknowingly about to meet, would be greeting a more familiar man, instead of the staunch, controlled and I dare say, cold man who was heading back towards his office from a meeting with the head of the Department.

August was the Head of the Creatures' Registrations Office, a branch of the Department for the Regulation& Control of Magical Creatures. An important position over since the regulations on creatures were put into affect. The ones put in place when August was young, after the murder of Kingsley Shacklebolt, may he rest in peace. August was a Faust but, as nearly everyone in Wizard Society knew, he was a bastard Faust. The origins and circumstances of his birth were coming into question as of late due to the appearance of a mysterious young woman. She had some claims that were difficult for him to pay any credit to.

Either way, his father was a Faust and his mother, the mother who raised him, raised him full knowing he wasn't her's. Every time she looked at him, a reminder of her husband's philandering. She was harsh and cold. As a young child he may have feared her. No longer. He had worked hard. He had earned her respect and everyone elses. He was a Faust but he earned the name, more than he was born to it. This young woman must not be paid any mind. Not only did she just appear from the woodworks, she was a vampire, and unregistered one. She should be merely grateful he hadn't issued a notice to his department. The punishments for being an unregistered adult creature were swift and severe. Sometimes stipulations could be made in special cases, which was why when she first approached him, he thought it was implore his help.

He had been mistaken. She wanted to trick him, perhaps use him. He could not be sure as of yet what he true motives were but they couldn't be good. Vampires were not known for their trustworthiness after all. He walked briskly, a scroll under his arm with a signature from the man above, and a folder of inter-department memos that his eyes were glued to as he made his way back towards his office. He passed his office aids desk and stepped into the office, looking up from the memos just briefly enough to pull his wand from his pocket and give it a wave for the lights to raise. As he went to pocket his wand once more, his eyes fell upon a rather beautiful woman sitting in his chair.

Long red hair, blue eyes and there was something familiar about her but he would not quite be able to place it. It had, after all, been roughly twenty years since he had seen her. There was nothing threatening about her demeanor so he made sure not to be too harsh when he spoke. "I beg your pardon miss, I do believe you are in my office, at my desk" With the lights off. Odd. "Is there something I can assist you with?" He asked, closing the folder and walking over to his desk, placing it down.

PM
^
ansley g. rochester
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 11:53 PM

© N/A // Offline

11 POSTS
Witch
PUREBLOOD
Jackie

young, wild, free
“After all this time, being here with you still feels the same. So, don’t be a stranger in my life. Please keep me posted. If you need me, just pick up the phone and I’ll be there no questions asked. It’s good to see you again.”

Ansley spun herself until she could only imagine just how green her face might be. Catching herself with the desk, her head rushed around her as her body swayed. The room spun faster then her chair seemed to have move. As she tried to stop the room from spinning around her, she couldn’t help to think that she’d have to ask Auggie where she could get one of these chairs. It was seriously the best chair she had ever sat in before, or spun in for that matter. As childish as the action itself was -- it was totally worth it. In some way it even made Ansley feel completely free. Free from scrutiny and feeling as though she had to watch every move she made. After being tied down in an unhappy marriage for so long, even tiny moments like these made her feel like gold.

Thankfully, after a moment, Ansley finally felt her head begin to settle. Now that she had spun herself to what she was sure was almost death, she wondered what she would do to pass the time. His office didn’t have nearly as many knick knacks as she expected, so she had very little to fiddle with. To her relief though, she did not have as much time to kill as she thought she would. It really was not much longer before she heard someone approaching the door.

Straightening the chair she found herself staring in anticipation. She was surprised to realize her heart had begun to pound as nervous butterflies trickled unwantedly into her stomach. She thought she was completely prepared for this moment, to greet him with a wide smile and to share in old memories, and although she was just as excited as ever a small sliver of doubt crept in wondering if he would even remember her. With a quick breath in and out, she attempted to throw her doubt to the side. Of course he will remember me. she thought silently, recalling all the hours spent with one another. Chalking it up to just simple jitters from seeing a very old friend, Ansley threw up her best smile and folded her hands across his desk.

She couldn’t help but find herself impressed with his sharp looks. True, she had the benefit of seeing pictures during her search for him, but they hardly did him justice. Standing before her was a clean cut, well groomed and dressed man. It did not phase her too much that he did not remember her right off the bat, for again, had she not had pictures first she might have overlooked him as well. “Hello, Auggie. She said, leaning back in his chair as he come forward. “What has it been? Twenty some years? Who would have thought with all your energy and imagination you’d end up here in an office chair.

She was not sure if he’d gather who she was right away, but it was rather fun to drop little hints and clues to get his mind working.

PM
^
augustine c. faust
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 12:14 PM

© august // Offline

50 POSTS
WIZARD
PUREBLOOD
anna

Could you lay with me? Underneath the stars, just conversate with me? and it's so plain to see That one could lose his way. So could you pray with me That I don't lose my soul in the luxury?
It had been years since August had been called Auggie. A sparse few had tried throughout the years and had failed. He had not been interested in being referred to in such a childish manner and as a Faust, even the one who had to earn it, he demanded a certain amount of respect. August had little patience for people he felt were disrespectful to him. However, coming from this woman's mouth, the nickname sounded familiar, lacking in condescension and had a backbone of what appeared to be affection.

Redhair or no. Same eyes or no, if it were for her calling him Auggie in just that manner as she tried not to get overly dizzy from spinning his chair around, he may not have recognized who she was. Sitting behind his desk was the very grown up version of his old childhood friend. Ansley. Ansley Rochester. He had know her when they were very young. Before he had gone off to Durmstrang, which if she was anything like she was back then, she would probably be a bit disgusted he had even gone to such a notoriously authoritarian school. Well, not like he had much of a choice in that matter.

Besides, Durmstrang definitely had it's faults but it's core values of hard work, discipline, solid and dignified teaching practices had done him a load of good. He had been able to use that curriculum to keep him grounded as he worked towards earning the respect of his name. The school had helped him become a Faust. He could not fault it for that. August had worked hard in his life. That place had been a facility for nurturing that work and determination.

His lips formed a small smile as his mind clicked together her identity. His old friend had moved away. He remembered her well though. Fun and care free. Everything children should be. Of course he had grown up. He was sure she would have as well. He raised an eyebrow at the words energy and imagination as he stepped a bit closer. He scoffed lightly, amused. "Well, unfortunately, I doubt either of us has the same amount of energy we did when we were seven." And wasn't that the truth? He remembered that child he had been, the writer, the explorer, the one who wanted to experience the world like an artist experienced a canvas. He could not even imagine the kind of energy that boy had once had while craving adventures

PM
^
ansley g. rochester
 Posted: Sep 7 2016, 03:14 PM

© N/A // Offline

11 POSTS
Witch
PUREBLOOD
Jackie

young, wild, free

A wide smile grew across her face as she saw recognition in his eyes. It was relief to see that her memories were not simply one sided. The butterflies that had been zooming around in her stomach were finally settling. She did not have anything to fear now that she knew Auggie remembered her. She couldn’t help but chuckle at his comment. “Speak for yourself.” She’d teased with a little wink. “I feel great. My seven year old self would be so proud.”

”Oh, and before I forget. Don’t be too hard on your secretary. She didn’t let me in per say, I just couldn’t sit and listen to anymore of her love interest in that new Quidditch star…what’s his name?” She snapped her fingers trying to pull the name from the tip of her tongue. She soon gave up though, finding it not worth the effort. “Well, whatever his name is, I couldn’t listen anymore. So I snuck in when she wasn’t looking.” As much as the secretary had annoyed her in the hour of waiting, she certainly wasn’t looking to get the poor girl into trouble for doing her job. If Auggie would remember anything about her, it was likely to be her impatience.

After a moment she leaned forward, hands folded on his desk with a small smile. “So tell me Auggie, how have you been? It has been far too long.” She recalled the day her parents told her where she’d be going to school. She had been so angry at them for moving her across the world and so far away from her friend. It an argument of epic and noteworthy proportions, but one that Ansley lost anyway.

There was nothing wrong with the school she went too, and frankly was a very popular one with generally produced highly successful wizarding adults. Ansley had been in the top of her class, but sadly she never fell out of that free spirited line of thought and was in a constant state of trouble. Without a doubt she had missed her old friend over the years, but so much time had passed she hadn’t been brave enough at the time to reach out to him. Not like now, where she was ready to once more throw all caution to the wind and just do as she pleased. “I do hope you do not mind my dropping in so unexpectedly, I only just returned.

PM
^
augustine c. faust
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 12:07 AM

© august // Offline

50 POSTS
WIZARD
PUREBLOOD
anna

August remembered Ansley. He remembered her well. Her family were just a bit opportunistic and had... well, specific reasons for encouraging their friendship. August may not have been the grand prize with the circumstances of his birth looming over his head in the form of whispers all his life, but he was still a prize. He had still been a Faust. He was still pureblood. He was still from a land of wealth and privilege. To a select few, he had now proved himself worthy of the Faust way and had garnered a certain understated respect amongst his peers that he had yet to see his more legitimate family members receive. It was the quiet nod of the head, the small thoughtful smile as he spoke or just in a look in their eyes as they shook hands after a meeting.

It had always been a moment he enjoyed, although he understood that was petty of him. August nodded as she spoke, a small, thoughtful smile forming, "Well, consider me envious of your youth." He replied. Unfortunately for August, his seven year old self would probably be confused at the man he had become. Confused and bored. August did not find anything boring about his position in the ministry but there were certainly no epic sword fights through ancient castle ruins and no dragon riding or troll hunting. The thought was amusing, childhood dreams. Everyone grew out of them eventually.

He took a deep breath and nodded, "Mateo, yes, although she should perhaps leave personal calls to her own time." His biggest dream though, a dream that his late wife had sparked in him again, was the desire to know people. Authentic, real people from around the world. Know them, feel with them, experience their lives for just a moment. The amount of diversity in the human race was one of the most incredible things he had ever seen and he had always wanted to see more.

August stepped closer to the side of his large wooden desk and leaned against it, watching Ansley in his chair. "It has been." He agreed. He had, of course, not seen her since they were very very young. Her family moved to America. They had lost contact but considering their ages at the time, it made sense. They were continents away from each other. "No, of course I don't mind. I have merely been... busy. A lot has happened." He replied, shaking his head ever so slightly, feeling the weight of his wedding ring still on a chain around his neck, tucked under his collar. "Most of my tale is bureaucratic. So instead of lulling you into a bored stupor, why don't you tell me what has brought on your triumphant return?"

PM
^
ansley g. rochester
 Posted: Dec 24 2016, 12:09 PM

© N/A // Offline

11 POSTS
Witch
PUREBLOOD
Jackie

young, wild, free

Had so much time passed between them? And had he changed so much in that time? She wasn’t quite sure were that little carefree boy had gone, but she could see even in just his face that he was much more withdrawn. His body posture lead her to get the impression that he stood much taller and prouder, with a much more strict demeanor. She supposed she has changed over the years as well, but she never had quite lost that spunk and need for adventure that he’d so long ago opened her eyes too. Perhaps he just needed a break she thought. She couldn’t imagine working in the Ministry of Magic to be an easy job.

“Do not be too hard on yourself. I am certain if you managed to get in a good nap, your youth would return and you would be right as rain. You seem to be very busy here after all. I mean Head of the Creatures’ Registrations Office cannot be an easy job.” There was no sarcasm in her voice, but rather pride. She imagined this was something that he had worked hard to achieve, and something his stuck up family would be proud of. She was glad for him that he had made it to this point.

“Maybe. But again, I wouldn’t judge....Mateo, I think you called her, too harshly. Everyone takes a personal call here and there. And it wouldn’t have been a problem if I had not waited until she slipped away to do something. “ Lord knows how many times she would have been fired if her boss new how often she took personal calls out of pure boredom. The misery of her life before still resonated strong within her, she was still having to remind herself that she would not have to go back to that same awful job, in the same awful town, with her same awful husband. Life was fresh and new and she was determined to make the best of every moment of it.

“I just needed a fresh start in life. I’ve come to work on my art and hopefully somehow manage to become successful. You know that starving artist lifestyle and all.” She smiled. She had no false illusions about the fact that the field she was trying to get into was a popular one and that very few actually managed to make successful careers out of it. But she had told herself after her failed marriage that she would do what would make her happy, and painting was just that.

“But, come on. You have to have something to share. I do not mind bureaucratic tales, especially if it something that interests you so much. Besides, even if that is your current life, you must have other things to share. I mean I see you fiddling with your wedding ring. What is her name?” Little did Ansley know that she probably should not have brought up his wife. Unaware of his situation, she had set out with interest to learn about his life, and was happy to see that he had found someone.

PM
^
augustine c. faust
 Posted: Jan 18 2017, 11:43 PM

© august // Offline

50 POSTS
WIZARD
PUREBLOOD
anna

August had wanted to be a writer. He had wanted to travel and write about those travels. He remembered once telling Ansley he wanted to visit and meet someone from every country in the world, take their picture and tell their stories in a single book. August had once wanted to climb mountains, the muggle way, no aparating. He once wanted to stand on the edge of a volcano, write his fears on a piece of parchment and drop it in. Once upon, August had wanted to fly. Not in a plane as muggles do and not on a broom or rug but fly the way Peter Pan flew in the old muggle stories. He wanted to befriend dragons and pixies and go to lunch with Giants.

August's dreams had been about many things. They were about adventure and travel but mostly? They were about never taking a single life for granted, and now? Now he was helping tag and mark lives as different, dangerous, mischievous, evil. He was helping to isolate and push aside people. He did not think of it that way. He had no idea. ALl he knew was ambition and grief, paired together with ignorance and a stubborn need to feel in control of something. He knew his wife was gone. He knew she was... he knew she was someone destroyed. He was destroyed.

August was a man who, despite his faults, truly did what he thought was right. Unfortunately, lately, what he believed was right was destructive. He smiled slightly at her nap comment. She might have a point. He hadn't had a good night sleep since Karolyne died. "It has it's challenges but I get my full eight hours." He lied with a friendly, polite smile. "Matteo is the new boyfriend. Her name is Dorothy." And personal calls should only be in cases of emergencies, he thought, but did not add.

His eyes narrowed slightly as she spoke of a fresh start. There was no judgement behind his eyes, more curiosity. She was actually continuing with that life. A life so far from his field of vision lately. He smiled slightly. It suited her. "Well," He cleared his throat as he moved towards his desk, setting down a few rolled up scrolls of parchment before they automatically began sorting themselves as he had charmed them to do previously. "I may be in need of a secretary, if you need to put food on the table." He replied. His tone and face appearing serious at the implication of firing his Secretary but he really was just kidding.

He froze a bit when she asked about the ring. He looked down at the ring on his finger. The one he had not yet had the strength to take off. "Karolyne." He replied, still looking down at his finger. "Her name was Karolyne." August took a deep breath and forced a polite smile, the kind he had gotten so good at over the years. "She's passed." He added, intentionally not mentioning how it had been almost five years and the ring remained on his finger.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively by ree of shine. cfs by black. do not reproduce.