Posted: Sep 6 2015, 11:52 AM
18 years old
VAMPIRE
VAMPIRE
played by ANNA
102 posts Offline

Rip yourself out of the blur
See if you miss who you were

It was over. The little protective cocoon that was school. Her last year had been strange. Her vampire status had been revealed to the school. Her only friend in Cilian Stern had not cared. She had fallen for a werewolf whom she thought of far too often and was so different from her it was amazing. The school had been attacked. Kids died. But she still... she still didn't know any other vampires. Not really. She was still confused on what she was supposed to be and what she was supposed to do. She was young. She knew that but she was going to be trapped in her young body forever.

Did vampires have normal career paths? DId they work, save and retire? Or can they never retire because retirement would be too long? Or did they retire then go back to work and then retire again? Did they pretend to be the age they looked most of the time? Were they mostly honest? or did they lie for survival? Do they get close to anyone? How did they survive everyone else growing old together? Do they ever get used to that still, frozen heart in their chest doing nothing but weighing them down? Did the hunger ever stop hurting? Did they move every couple years so no one noticed they weren't aging?

Was Purgatory inevitable? What was it like? Did everyone really hate them as much as it seemed? Was loneliness a permanent trait of her life now? Elena wondered all these things, all the time. She just had no idea what sort of life she was supposed to live now that she was dead.

Perhaps that was what had driven her to be alone in knockturn alley. She had never actually been there. She was spending the summer with her step-dad. It was still odd between the two of them. The pair had stayed together mostly because they both lost her mother but they were more like roommates who ignored each other. He was a decent person but a muggle with little to no interest in her now that her mother was gone. He just wasn't going to throw her out. It was just another reason she needed to figure out what to do, what vampires were able to do. She didn't want stay a burden on him.

She was exploring knockturn a bit, trying not to draw attention to herself but unfortunately the wide wandering eyes gave her a bit away, that and just her general demeanor and youth. She had gone into the apothecary shop out of curiosity about what was sold there. It looked technical and sparked the ravenclaw in her. The shop clerk seemed to know and actually warned her. He told her it wasn't a place for her to be looking around and she should leave knockturn if she cared for her safety because she did stick out. As soon as she had left the shop, the clerk's warning proved itself wise but a bit late. Elena's tongue however wasn't one to cower. Two men, backing her against the outside back wall of the shop, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." She said, pretending to be tougher than she was but also knowing she was fast and fairly strong. Maybe if they knew she was a vampire they would let her go, out of fear. "I'm not just some defenseless kid." She punched the closest man in the jaw, hard, and then darted but the other one caught her. Impossibly fast... shit, these men or at least the one that now had a strong grip on arms were vampires too. The one she punched stepped over and laughed, "Oh... we know, pet. we know."

Outfit: click || Tag: cerri! || Time: start of summer
Notes: tada!

--------------------
PM
^
cerridwyn n. pryce
 Posted: Nov 3 2015, 07:19 AM
936 years old
manipulator
VAMPIRE
played by Erin
44 posts Offline

I'm gonna fight 'em off, a seven nation army couldn't hold me back
tag: elena X

When it came right down to it, they really shouldn't have gone after the girl.

Although Cerridwyn wouldn't exactly refer to herself as a fixture of the Knocturn Alley scene, she was gradually becoming something of a familiar face. She certainly wasn't going to be living there anytime soon – but oh, did it offer the modern conveniences, at least if she knew where to look. Of course, most attractive was that it was a place where it was easy to avoid nosy ministry folk.

It was always easy to spot the sorts who didn't belong in Knocturn, although some (including Cerridwyn herself) could be mistaken for such if judged by appearance alone. Manner and bearing made all the difference between camouflaged predator and vulnerable prey – and that was regardless of what shape they took on the full moon or how sharp their teeth were. As old as she was, Cerri wasn't at all surprised to find that there wasn't any sort of solidarity amongst the locals. As if wizards had a monopoly on infighting and self-interest.

So, it didn't surprise her at all that the girl was an immediate target. Wide eyes, a wandering path – she might as well have sent a howler on ahead of her that she was easy prey. Even before the two alley brutes zeroed in, Cerri knew that sort of innocence wouldn't escape unscathed for long. Not on her own, anyway. It was precisely that innocence that drew her to interfere in the first place. Normally... well, not her blood, not her responsibility. She had enough trouble to deal with on behalf of her own brood – looking after everyone else's fangy strays would leave her no time for her own devices. This girl's innocence reminded her enough of Fortune to catch her interest, though – and she had to admire the fighting instinct. The resemblance was fleeting, but enough to tug at her maternal instinct. Perhaps... just this once.

Besides. Her evening had been dull enough, so far.

“Gentlemen...” she called out clearly, an oh-so-pleasant smile on her face as she crossed the alley to them. “I think you'll find that in this instance, you may have bitten off more than you can chew.” Not that she truly thought they would take her word for it – but she was ready for them, if they didn't. She let that total confidence show, casually tossing her hair as if they were no more concerning than butterflies – this wasn't just bravado. Perhaps they would be smart enough not to argue the point, and she could resolve this without getting her hands dirty.

"I suggest that you look elsewhere for entertainment."

© 3r!n, 2015 for HAND OF GLORY // AT LONG LAST!
PMAIM
^
elena d. giovanni
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 07:35 PM
18 years old
VAMPIRE
VAMPIRE
played by ANNA
102 posts Offline

Elena didn't care if it was going to be dangerous to seek out other vampires. She had assumed as much. She had never met any vampires other than the ones that turned her, the ones that attacked her and turned her for no reason other than... amusement. She did know which of the two's blood had been forced down her throat and she didn't know who had dealt the last blow to kill her. She had no clue how turning a person into a vampire even worked. She hardly remembered the attack. She didn't remember details, like how the both drank from her at the same time. She didn't remember how one forced his tongue into her throat and she bite. She didn't remember that turning her had never been their intention.

All she knew was that she had been turned. She had been murdered and managed to survive. She didn't really know how to process it. She knew now that Kasia had willingly been turned but that made her just as new to all of this. Plus she already... she had her plans or her idea for her plans. Plus it was Kasia. Elena was not certain how welcome she was, especially after... everything. She didn't care about Cam's concerns for her safety. Elena needed to know because she had very few and eventually they were going to age and die while she remained in her teenaged body forever.

Elena tugged her arms against the vampire holding her and jumped as the one in front of her stepped closer. No. No. No. NO. She refused. She rejected this. Elena hopped slightly to garner more momentum to achieve a high kick, nailing the vamp in front of her in the nose and then bringing the foot down fast, slamming the heel of her boot into the man holding her arm's instep, breaking at least one of the bones in his foot, even if it would heal itself rather quickly. It was enough to get them to let go of her. She began to run again as they regained their composure, one reaching her and catching her wrist. He was going to break her arm when another voice rang out.

Elena's eyes darted to the newcomer. A woman, Blonde. Pointed features. The sort of unique beauty that felt like it should be reserved for creatures of magic alone. Elena listened and still out of the four of them, no heartbeats. She was a vampire too, and they knew her or they knew of her. Elena was so distracted by this woman's presence, that when the vampire holding her wrist pushed her away as he let go, she was pushed bak. She twisted her body to catch herself in push up position so she didn't fully crash. Elena had always been agile, with quick reflexes. Hopefully she would get even better but as she pushed herself back up the other two men were backing away.

Elena straightened her clothes, pulling her necklace back around as she looked at the other woman with suspicion but she felt some gratitude the woman deserved as well. Elena took a deep breath. Staying silent for awhile, waiting for her mouth to work again... then her vocal cords. "Who are you?" She asked cautiously. Not thank you. No who were they? No offering of gratitude or repayment. Just who are you?.

Notes: tada!

--------------------
PM
^
cerridwyn n. pryce
 Posted: Dec 8 2015, 06:51 AM
936 years old
manipulator
VAMPIRE
played by Erin
44 posts Offline

Even as she moved to interfere, Cerri saw that the struggle wasn't over. She had to give the girl points for brass – or at least for a combination of youthful spontaneity and sheer stubborn will. It seemed that the would-be hunters hadn't anticipated a boot to the face any more than she had, but that wasn't enough to deter them completely.

Her own challenge at least gave them pause. She didn't flatter herself that her reputation went before her – these faces weren't familiar to her, and she made a point not to be notorious. Still, there was a certain satisfaction to be had from watching the men melt away like frost from the thaw. Perhaps she was just growing vain in her old age. Whatever the case, she wasn't one to rest on her laurels, and she continued across the alley to cement the win. Even then, she didn't trust their retreat entirely – it might have been flattering, but she knew better than to assume that all of Knocturn's predators were mere scavengers.

Accordingly, even when she had joined the girl across the alley, Cerri kept her ears alert for sounds that the attackers were returning. Only after their footsteps had faded did she give the girl her undivided attention. For a while, they regarded each other in silence – Cerri saw no need to cause the younger vampire's ego any further distress by fussing over her. She might have her doubts about the outcome if the situation had she not intervened, but she suspected the girl was just as keenly aware of the odds. Gloating served no purpose.

“I might ask you the same question,” she countered, unable to completely disguise her amusement. Caution was admirable, given the circumstances, and she would have thought less of the girl if she had been immediately trusting after one little rescue. “However... I'm rather more curious to know what it is you're looking for.” Vampire or no, no one was that persistent in exploring Knocturn unless they were looking for something – and Cerri had a feeling that this girl wasn't just looking for a more discreet way to snack.

© 3r!n, 2015 for HAND OF GLORY // so I really wanted to try out this tagging thing~
PMAIM
^
elena d. giovanni
 Posted: Jan 3 2016, 02:04 PM
18 years old
VAMPIRE
VAMPIRE
played by ANNA
102 posts Offline

Elena had always been an independent sort of person. She seemed to be struck by the eternal curse of the introvert. Feeling alone and wanting to be close to people but feeling exhausted and annoyed at their presence. It's the introvert who turns down an invite to a party because parties were god awful for them and yet spent the night sad that they weren't socializing with their friends. It was the introvert who spent all day with people at work so needs to go home for alone time and then feels lonely because they never had plans to go out with their coworkers after work. Elena had Cameron and yet since graduation she had pulled away a bit and then was angry about the distance.

Of course, Cameron, while wonderful, was not who she needed. The young vampire who would forever be trapped in her teens needed something and someone. She just wasn't quite sure what or who, but the who needed to be another vampire. Cameron never went searching for other werewolves, which surprised her a bit. After all, wolves were pack animals right? And yet vampire covens seemed to be talked about more than werewolve packs. Maybe that was something that didn't change or maybe as long as they had a pack, it didn't need to be a werewolf pack sort of deal?

She didn't know. All she knew was that ever since she had been turned accidentally by the vampires who assaulted her, fed from her and left her to die, she had been both terrified of other vampires but also found the need to get to know some of them. They couldn't all be like the ones who turned her. If they were, then she would be like that too and she wasn't. Cameron had helped her understand that. The men who attacked her were monsters and yes, they changed what she was but that didn't mean they turned her into a monster. She wasn't one. She didn't need to be terrified of herself because she was a crreature and if that was true, then it was true for others.

Yet, he had not been thrilled at the idea of her going to find them. Elena kept her eyes one the woman, carefully watching her but kept her ears elsewhere, listening for if those men came back. What was she looking for? That's a very good question. El tilted her head back as she looked up and shrugged. Tongue in cheek she looked back at this woman. Maybe it was her, Elena shook her head, "I'm not even sure." She replied, honestly. She wasn't sure. She had no real solid idea. She just didn't want to be weak or upset or scared anymore and had a feeling getting to understand the vampire in her was the key "So.... thanks? I guess." Would she want something in return for her assist? People usually did. Elena took a small step back

Notes: omg i forgot you had replied. I literally thought I was waiting for you. I'm soooo sorry

--------------------
PM
^
cerridwyn n. pryce
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 07:43 AM
936 years old
manipulator
VAMPIRE
played by Erin
44 posts Offline

For all the bravado Cerri had seen from the girl in that little skirmish, she got the distinct impression that here was a thinker, not a brawler – and she noted it with approval. Oh, there was naivete there as well, in spades – but this one wasn't wandering Knocturn just because she'd taken a wrong turn or wanted to prove herself, oh no. There was a thirst for something beyond the life force they both craved in those pretty young eyes – a thirst for answers.

“Well, that's an honest answer if ever I've heard one.” More and more, Cerri was enjoying her decision to intercede on the girl's behalf. She was naive, coming unprepared and alone to Knocturn proved that, but there was... potential. Independence. Curiosity. Traits that could be nurtured with experience.

The girl's step back caught her attention, and dispelled the plans forming in her thoughts. Help or no, it seemed there was still some trust to be earned. Rather than advancing and turning this into a pursuit, the older vampire let the younger distance herself.

“You are most welcome – but you say that as though you expect repercussions.” Smiling, the blonde tilted her head slightly to one side. “Are you certain you wish to be on your way already? Somehow... I don't think you've found what you're looking for yet.” Now it was time to see which was stronger – curiosity or caution. She knew which she would prefer, of course – but would the girl disappoint?

© 3r!n, 2015 for HAND OF GLORY // :3
PMAIM
^
elena d. giovanni
 Posted: Mar 8 2016, 08:04 AM
18 years old
VAMPIRE
VAMPIRE
played by ANNA
102 posts Offline

Elena couldn't help but hear Cam's voice in her head. His concern for her safety and how little he had seemed to understand her need for this. She was starting wonder if he was right. Maybe she should just be alone after they're eventually forced to separate. Like when he wants to settle down and have kids. Or he looks so old it would be fucking weird for them to be seen together without people jumping to the idea that he's a sexual predator. Whichever came first right? ~ What a joy that was to think about ~

Or maybe she just needed to stop focusing on doubt and fear. Wasn't the whole point of this that she didn't want to feel fear anymore? She wanted to feel something else. Something different. Something, as bad as it sounded, powerful. She wanted to feel like she had some power in her life. She wanted to know she was in control of what happened to her. She didn't want to be stuck alone when the time came that the few people in her life finished dying off. That might be a few years away, but looking at her vastly expanded life span, she knew it would feel too soon.

Elena looked down slightly, dropping her eyes as the woman called her honest. Yes. She was being honest. She was being pathetic. It was amazing. This woman, whoever she was, stood strong, with confidence and Elena may have good reflexes but she was yet to push herself. She was yet to really embrace any new skill. She was less comfortable in her skin now that she was the undead than she was when she had a beating heart and was in gymnastics and back then, broken bones hurt a helluva a lot worse. But this was besides the point. Elena felt... weak, and she was exhausted by it.

"People don't usually help without expecting something in return." The young vampire said bluntly. She looked around them and glanced up at the sky as it grew increasingly darker. Venus could already be seen, bright and peaking out next to the partial moon before her eyes settled back on the other soul inhabiting the space behind the apothecary shop. She took another step back, but more so to stable her ground. Why would she want her to stay? "Why? What are you looking for?"

Notes: omg i forgot you had replied. I literally thought I was waiting for you. I'm soooo sorry

--------------------
PM
^
cerridwyn n. pryce
 Posted: May 10 2016, 05:38 AM
936 years old
manipulator
VAMPIRE
played by Erin
44 posts Offline

Cerri replied with a quiet sound of agreement, not minding the blunt phrasing in the least. Well, well. So the girl was more than just honest – she knew something of how the world worked. She was young, to speak so surely of give and take. It was enough to make Cerri wonder just what had taught her that lesson so effectively – that certainly wasn't a surety born of hypotheses or theories. Clearly there were unspoken thoughts haunting her. Were they related, or did she just have more than her share of misfortune?

It was idle speculation only. She hardly expected the girl to give up all of her secrets in one little conversation – but she also got the distinct impression that of the two of them, the younger was the one who would leave dissatisfied if this was where their conversation ended. Of course, that didn't mean that the younger vampire had reach that same conclusion yet.

“What indeed.” The question was more nuanced than it seemed, and it made her smile to be challenged with her own words. “I suppose that tonight, I would say that I am looking for diversion, if nothing else. Not the most satisfying answer, is it?” In light of the girl's suspicion, Cerri kept her distance still, but made no move to leave.

“If you meant what am I looking for from you, then you may rest easy. The entertainment of shooing those louts away was payment enough for such minimal intervention.” Perhaps that would put the girl more at ease, and encourage her to be more forthcoming. Perhaps not.

PMAIM
^
elena d. giovanni
 Posted: May 22 2016, 05:54 PM
18 years old
VAMPIRE
VAMPIRE
played by ANNA
102 posts Offline

Elena wanted to be stronger. She wanted to find a way to accept WHAT she was without hating WHO she was. She didn't know how. Part of her still thought of herself, and this woman, and those two men, as monsters. She was flexible, well balanced and fast but she was unrefined. She could use an arrow and hit almost any target until that target was given a pulse. She was weak and confused. As much as she loved him, part of the confusion was around her attachment to Cameron.

He was, for lack of a better term, pure. He was welcoming, accepting, open. Everything Elena wasn't and she wished that she could say she even wanted to be those things. They were better, weren't they? But she wasn't like that before she was turned, perhaps it was unrealistic to thinks she would be able to change that after. Maybe the kay was accepting she was never going to be anything close to the hero type he was. Accept he would always be better than her.

"A diversion from what?" She asked sharply. Looking for a diversion meant this woman was trying not to deal with something, or not to think about something. She was looking for a distraction. But of course, that might be asking too much. Elena wanted to find other vampires to figure herself out and yet here was one. A vampire. A woman, to make things better. She hadn't been that open to the idea of male vampires, especially the ones who had just come at her. Elena shook her head and dropped her eyes slightly. "I'm sorry, that's your business."

And it was. In no way did what the woman need distracting from affect Elena. The Ravenclaw alum looked down both directions, as though watching for the men to come back before looking back at the woman. She should have brought a weapon. She just should have. "I was just l-looking for..." Oh good lord the truth sounded so pathetic out loud. She trailed off, avoiding direct eye contact. "I'm not completely sure..." answers, identity, a place to sleep... blood. She had only had a squirrel since graduation. It was rancid compared to the human blood bags she had been used to at hogwarts. She was starting to feel drained, the extra activity draining her more as she suddenly felt a bit dizzy and stumbled back, leaning against the back wall outside the shop.

Notes: <3

--------------------
PM
^
cerridwyn n. pryce
 Posted: Nov 27 2016, 04:50 AM
936 years old
manipulator
VAMPIRE
played by Erin
44 posts Offline

Ahhh, the impulsiveness of youth. To be so thirsty for information, and so unused to the proper ways of asking for it. Cerri smiled in amusement at the sharp curiosity, tempered immediately by an apology. She might have even answered the question regardless, but... well, it just wasn't important what she'd been doing before. They certainly could prattle on about errands and the like for a time – perhaps it would even help to put the girl at ease – but it would certainly be a waste.

She could help this girl find what she was looking for, of that she was sure. Should she? There were plans in motion after all, plans that had little to do with helping a child grow into her fangs. She had done her good deed for the evening in shooing the miscreants away for a time, surely. Life could be a harsh teacher.

Still... there was that spark, that potential. She could leave it to sputter, or to find its own fuel, but... she could also stoke it, turn it toward her own designs. And at what cost? A little patience? A little time? She had plenty of both of those, for the moment.

At the stumble, Cerri frowned and narrowed her eyes critically, moving to the girl's side to give her a closer look without further concern that she might lash out defensively. So young... perhaps she hadn't been following her instincts, either? Who knew what they were teaching children these days, at any rate. Without the proper guidance, without someone to ensure the safety of all involved, feeding could be traumatic enough. With the ignorance this Ministry was promoting regarding their kind, Cerri wouldn't be surprised if this girl didn't even know that control was remotely attainable.

“...when was the last time you had a proper meal, darling?” Her voice was soft and sweet, every bit the concerned mother figure letting a stray chick under her wing. Keep the little one feeling safe and nurtured and whatnot – they could work out the tit for tat later, once she had been cemented as friend and protector. Come to think of it, this fledgling looked to be about the same age as her newest grandchild – potentially without all the trouble that came from Nathianel's violent intrusion. Hmm... there were more possibilities to be explored, clearly.

PMAIM
^
elena d. giovanni
 Posted: Dec 31 2016, 12:30 PM
18 years old
VAMPIRE
VAMPIRE
played by ANNA
102 posts Offline

What was she looking for? There were so many things. Basic needs like food and home were all fine and well but there was one need that really trumped all of them. She wanted to feel alive again. Elena had been trying for the last year since being turned. She had been trying so hard to feel human again. To feel like a witch again. She had expanded her archery skills to near perfection, trying to replace the magic she had slowly but surely lost. She had tried to focus on Astronomy, since she had loved that before turning and yet it did not require extensive magical skills. She had tried and even succeeded a bit with Cameron.

Cameron was the real risk she was taking here. The thing was, what Elena needed to really recognize and accept was that she was never going to feel human again and she wasn't alive, least not in the traditional sense. She needed to adapt. She just wasn't sure she knew how and Cameron did not seem to understand the need for it. Elena in turn could not understand his lack of understanding.

He was a werewolf. Maybe it was different for them because they kept their pulse after they were turned but he didn't seem to understand why her turning had to change anything about her. He seemed to think she could just be the old Elena but with a small blood habit. Nothing had to change in her life. SHe didn't need to go searching for herself. She didn't need to know other vampires. All she needed was to know he loved her and that she was better than the darkness that seemed to follow her. He didn't understand it wasn't darkness following her, it was her shadow. The shadow of a vampire.

She wanted to learn.

Elena kept a suspicious eye on the older vampire and frowned at her question. The woman's voice was calm, steady, warm. It was so exceptionally non-threatening, it would be surprising if it weren't a trap and yet, to be frank, Elena was hungry. Her blood was slowing down.. She needed fresh blood. The arm that leaned against the wall bent upwards so she could place her fingers on the brick. Her fingers as cold as the wall, she felt nothing but the texture of the stone. "A few weeks." She replied, knowing what the woman meant. She wasn't sure if a small squirrel counted so she wasn't.

Notes: <3

--------------------
PM
^
cerridwyn n. pryce
 Posted: May 17 2017, 05:20 AM
936 years old
manipulator
VAMPIRE
played by Erin
44 posts Offline

She watched the wheels turn in the little one's head, watched a conflict play out behind those pretty young eyes. Of course she couldn't know what the details of that were, but she got the sense that it was all connected. Something was holding her back, trying to keep her mortal when that bell had long since rung. Hmm. Family, maybe? There were only so many priorities that would stand in the way, surely.

Even seeing that inner turmoil, the answer surprised her, and her eyebrows arched before she thought to mask the reaction. Weeks? What unnecessary torture!

“Why, you must be starving!” Cerri shook her head in half wonderment and half disbelief, though she counted herself impressed that the girl was able to keep this much composure going that long without blood. That was surviving, not living – and it spoke to an admirable strength of will. She honestly couldn't remember the last time she had gone without blood for such a long period, and for one so young it must have been difficult indeed. Surely it couldn't have been from lack of opportunity – so perhaps lack of safety? She couldn't believe that it was from a lack of desire.

“Well. We had better continue this conversation over a drink, then, hm? My treat.” There were two sharp glints in her smile as she made the offer, though she retracted them again quickly. She wasn't the flashy sort, in general, particularly not when she meant to be non-threatening – but in this case it lent a bit of solidarity to the occasion.

“There is a place not far from here that would suit... that is... if I can count upon your discretion?” She could, that much she had already decided – she wouldn't have made the offer if she wasn't convinced that it was the right course. That moral quandary meant that this girl had a sense of honor, and she wouldn't be likely to betray anyone else's secret. Besides, once she saw that feeding need not be dramatic in the slightest, she ought to feel more at ease – perhaps even grateful.

© 3r!n, 2015 for HAND OF GLORY // Are we fading this out, dropping it, finishing it up...?
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY RACHEL (BREEZEBLOCKS. @ SHINE) mini profile by ree at shine.
ICC