Posted: May 19 2017, 02:24 PM
18 years old
socialite
PUREBLOOD
played by sophii
33 posts Offline

Words: 276

all shook up

Justin was wandering around the magical menagerie, looking for some owl treats for his owl. He had found a particular brand a few weeks ago and his owl had really loved it. He wanted to find the same type, but for some reason they weren't in the same place as they had been in the store previously. Rolling his eyes at this inconvenience, he turned away from the shelf he was currently inspecting, intending to go and ask an assistant where they were. Trouble was, he couldn't quite remember the name. Something like twit twoo treats... that sounded too ridiculous to be true, though.

He was walking towards the assistant who was standing by the counter, when suddenly he had a flash of recognition for a fellow shopper. Katrina Langdon. Justin did a double take. He thought she'd gone to France. Hadn't they been making her stay there? Well, a conversation with her would probably be much more entertaining than confusing the shop assistant. Drawing up beside the girl as she browsed, Justin cleared his throat.

"I didn't think they let people like you in here," he said slyly, nodding at the sign above the door, Werewolves restricted, "Have your poor parents sent you in on an errand? You buying some dead rats to feed them with?" he sneered. Of course, Justin had no clue what werewolves fed on. From what he remembered from Defence Against the Dark Arts class, he was fairly sure most of them ate normally on days that weren't full moons. But he had always loved winding Langdon up. The two years she had been banished to Beauxbatons had been rather dull.

NOTES: for mich with @katrina langdon ! sorry it's a bit short.

&
PM
^
katrina m. langdon
 Posted: May 22 2017, 08:54 PM
17 years old
Gryffindor
HALF-BLOOD
played by mich
76 posts Offline

your actions have consequences and these are them, I'll be your friend in hell, until then I despise you and I probably always will

K
atrina wasn’t used to running errands for her parents. There had never been a guarantee that she would be able to return in a timely fashion to ensure they got the necessary items they had requested. It was of course completely possible for Kat to simply go shopping for the afternoon, but that so rarely seemed like a good way to spend her limited time in Puragtory with her parents. Especially when they had established ways to get their supplies without their daughter’s assistance.

There were many creatures that were allowed to leave purgatory, but the Langdon’s had not been given that privileged. They were seen as utterly violent. Everyone in purgatory knew that wasn’t true. Kat’s parents were the nicest law abiding werewolves that lived in purgatory, but it didn’t matter. The Ministry worker that decided Kieran Langdon belonged within purgatory informed the Wizarding World that they were in fact some of the most dangerous werewolves around. No one bothered check into the claim, the Langdon’s were simply shipped off never to be seen in the Wizarding World again.

Now though, Kat had the option or rather the ability to go on an errand run. Majority of the items her parents needed were from potion shop, after she was done Kat couldn’t help but enjoy simply showing for the time being. There was something nice about the leisure of it all. Up until this moment, she didn’t have the ability to be leisurely. If she wanted to see her parents, there was never enough time. But now, she had time. She got to live with them, if she took time in Diagon Alley it was okay, there was still more than enough time to be with them later.

At the moment Kat was simply roaming the Magical Menagerie. She had never had a pet before, nor had she ever wanted one. When she was really young, before she actually understood creatures and werewolves, once a month she thought she did have a pet, two actually. It seemed strange after that, to actually own a pet. She didn’t want a pet anymore, but she did enjoy roaming the shop. Or at least she had wanted to. The voice she heard quickly changed her mood. There had been a highlight in leaving, never seeing him again. A loud groan escaped Kat’s lips as she turned to face the one person she hated the most.

”Braxton”

This was the man, or boy, that had turned on Tanner. Justin was supposed to be Tanner’s best friend, and instead he betrayed him. Instead Justin let all of Hogwarts know that Tanner lived in Purgatory. Instead he was the reason Tanner was tormented and locked out of the common room. The reason Kat spent nights hunting him down to make sure he was okay, even hidden away in the library. Every fiber of Katrina Langdon’s body hated the young man standing in front of her.

”I was hoping to find something that will keep parasites away, guess they don’t have anything like that since you’re here.”

style // @justin s. braxton
nothing wrong with short and to the point - sorry Kat's gonna be mean hehe
PM
^
justin s. braxton
 Posted: May 25 2017, 05:04 PM
18 years old
socialite
PUREBLOOD
played by sophii
33 posts Offline

Words: 536

all shook up

He supposed it made sense, really. She was in a shop that her parents were banned from. Obviously she would have to come as their representative or personal shopper when the shop-owners would not entertain letting a werewolf darken their doors. However, to Justin, he couldn't see how there was much of a difference between a werewolf and a werewolf's daughter. It wasn't even as if just one of her parents was a werewolf. They both were. It was pretty bloody terrifying, if you thought about it. How the hell did she classify as a normal witch? Of course, he certainly wouldn't classify her as such, but still. She had no creature rating imposed on her by the ministry. Justin had occasionally thought that she should have a special category created all for her.

She was a little spitfire, that was definitely one way of describing Katrina Langdon. He had always enjoying riling her up and he felt himself settling back into that old habit as he heard that familiar venom in her tone when she said his surname. There were plenty of people who Justin had made enemies with in school. Plenty of people who disliked him, he was sure. However, the intensity of the hatred he received from Katrina was something else. Most people might recoil from such a negative relationship, avoid conflict. Not Justin. Being hated this intensely was almost the same as being loved. Either way, it meant he got attention.

A snide chuckle escaped his lips as she spat out her retort. She really was very entertaining. He would almost go as far to say that he'd missed her, but that wasn't technically true. He wouldn't mind if Katrina crawled into a hole in Purgatory and never came out. However, he would miss hearing her hilarious responses to the insults he threw her way. It was rarely fun to insult someone who couldn't fight back.

"Oh, Ms Langdon, I've missed your wit," he smirked as annoyingly as he could at her. "Didn't you miss me when you were banished to France?" he asked, "Surely Beauxbatons made you sleep in a separate dormitory?" he continued, a half-grin forming on his mouth, "I know the French girls can't stand bad smells." It was childish, but it was light entertainment for what could have been a rather boring day. He wasn't asking her these questions because he actually cared about the answers, oh no. Rather, he wanted to see her reaction. The longer he talked to her, the more she got annoyed - that was the way it usually went, in any case. Justin knew full well why Katrina hated him. She held a grudge against him for doing something 'mean' to her pathetic little friend. Tanner had been Justin's friend once, too. When Justin had found out where the guy lived, though - it couldn't continue. It would've been a disaster for Justin's reputation and he didn't feel safe around creatures or purgatory kids in general. He preferred to keep a safe distance from all that kind of thing. Not that he'd had anything against Tanner himself. He was a decent chap. Justin just didn't need that sort of... contamination... in his life.

NOTES: for mich with @katrina langdon ! bring on the mean!

&
PM
^
katrina m. langdon
 Posted: May 29 2017, 01:54 PM
17 years old
Gryffindor
HALF-BLOOD
played by mich
76 posts Offline

your actions have consequences and these are them, I'll be your friend in hell, until then I despise you and I probably always will

K
at hadn’t for a moment missed Justin Braxton. Once she had been settled in France, accepted her fate as it was, the pureblood wizard never even entered her mind. While he had always found amusement in their interactions at Hogwarts, she often had to make sure she didn’t hex him. The professors usually let her get away from the yelling. They drew the line when actual violence ensued. Kat had always made sure that violence didn’t ensue. It was a mixture of not wanted to, and knowing full well that if she was to get into some sort of violent encounter, even a wizard duel, Tanner would come to her aid.

It wouldn’t matter if she wanted it, or needed it. If Katrina Langdon was in trouble, Tanner Callaghan would be there. Even if he didn’t entirely want to be put in that situation. So she avoid any situation where he would have to. Especially when it came to Justin Braxton. They had been friends, good friends as far as Tanner was concern and that good friend had betrayed him. She did not want her best friend to be put in a situation where he had to deal with Justin on any level. So she instead dealt with him on her own.

”As much as anyone misses a gnat buzzing around their head. It had been a wonderful bug free two years. I will miss that.”

The venom in her words was palpable. Part of her wanted to simply walk away. It wasn’t as if she needed to stay or interact with Braxton every again. He had already graduated. She wouldn’t see him in school in a few weeks. She would never have to cross his path in the castle halls. She was an adult now why wizarding law, so she could just, leave. Nothing was forcing this interaction. But if Kat was being honest with herself, which she did occasionally, she did miss their interactions. Because she missed having an outlet for her anger. It was so easy to hate Justin. It was easy to throw all of the anger she so often felt on this one individual. This one wizard that in her mind embodied all that was wrong with the wizarding community when it came to creatures. She couldn’t beat the Ministry of Magic when it came to their horrible treatment of creatures; to them she was the gnat. But with Justin, she had a fighting chance. Her eyes rolled.

”They do, thank goodness those woman will never have to deal with you. I doubt they would survive five seconds in your vicinity. I suppose that makes sense why you’re here then, trying to fit in. Have you found your people yet? I believe they keep the pus in the back, you should check there next.”

PM
^
justin s. braxton
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 04:12 PM
18 years old
socialite
PUREBLOOD
played by sophii
33 posts Offline

Words: 400

all shook up

He wasn't really sure what he had done to piss Katrina Langdon off so much. Oh no, wait, he was. Something about her best friend, Tanner. Apparently Justin had ruined his life, at least that's what Kat always tended to throw at him, but Justin wasn't so sure. All he'd done was tell somebody that Tanner lived in Purgatory. It had been the truth. The truth always got out in the end, Justin had done no wrong in telling it. He himself hadn't personally tortured Tanner or made his life anymore difficult than it otherwise might have been. At least, he didn't think so. Then again, he and Katrina did tend to see things very differently.

A chuckle escaped his lips as she shot back a wonderful response. A gnat, really? What even was a gnat, he wondered, as he continued to smirk at her. "Oh well, here we both are again," he said as if to soothe her, but of course he intended anything but that. "I'm sure our paths won't cross too often, though. It's a lot easier to avoid someone when they've got a curfew imposed." he said, referring of course to the fact that she and her parents lived in Purgatory - he'd heard that was the case, anyway. It wasn't like he took a huge interest in where she lived.

Her voice really sounded like she hated him. Justin didn't really hate her, he didn't have the energy for that. He definitely felt a fair amount of animosity toward her most of the time. Right now, though, he felt fairly indifferent to her. He was rather entertained by the passionate dislike in her voice, though. She must have a lot of frustration to work out. He wondered whether she couldn't just go and shag Tanner to let all that frustration out. Not that he wanted to think about Kat Langdon's sex life. He dreaded to think of that even existing.

"Really? That's interesting." he smirked, "The Beauxbatons girls I met at a party last week didn't seem bothered by me," he smirked, "My people?" he asked, an arch smile on his face. "I think you're confused. This is a creature store, or a pet shop, if you will. How are your pets, by the way? Oh, I mean... your parents." he almost laughed at his own joke, but that wasn't very good manners, was it?

NOTES: for mich with @katrina langdon ! sorry kinda short!

&

PM
^
katrina m. langdon
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 10:29 PM
17 years old
Gryffindor
HALF-BLOOD
played by mich
76 posts Offline

B
efore it all happened, Kat had been hesitant about Tanner’s friendship with Justin. She couldn’t place the feeling, but there had always been something gnawing at her. For a time she had assumed it was some ill placed judgement on the Slytherin house. And because she thought it was that, she forced herself to ignore it. After all, wasn’t that what people so often did with creatures, assume they were something they were not simply because of their classification? So she ignored the gnawing and focused instead on the fact that Tanner had found himself a friend outside the purgatory group. And then thanks to the young wizard in front of her, he didn’t make too many more.

Kat hated what Justin had done to Tanner. The break of confidence and the aftermath of it all. But over the course of her first time at Hogwarts there was something else she learned to hate about him. His indifference to it all. In some odd way she could understand the legitimate hatred of creatures. She hated it of course, but despising someone she could understand. But Justin, he didn’t hate creatures, not really, he knew nothing about them. No he just followed the assumed creature hatred like it was some sort of trend. Kat was almost certain if the word came out tomorrow that creatures were the best thing in the world, he would probably jump aboard that ship as well.

It wasn’t just that Justin had outed Tanner, she hated him because of his lack of spine and conviction. If he stood for something, anything, Kat might not have the seething hatred for the wizard in front of her. There was a strong possibility she would still hate him, but the seething bit would go away. Instead she glared at his response. ”I know, the poor helpless pureblood has to be protected from the big bad creatures. And apparently plain old students as well. It’s pathetic really.”

Part of Kat wanted to just leave it at that. To just walk away. But walking away just wasn’t in her capabilities. She wondered sometimes if it ever had been. If there was a time in her life where she could just walk away from an argument. At least this time she knew she didn’t start it. She could pretend that she wouldn’t have interacted with Justin if it wasn’t for the fact he spoke to her first. Kat decided to let the girls comment go without a second thought. The next part, about her parents being pets well that one was harder to let go. She was mentally yelling at herself as he spoke, she had given him the perfect set up for that one. It had been a while since she needed to be mindful of her words in this sort of setting.

”I’m just curious, how many people have beaten you up for being a pompous arse? I just would like to know how far down the list I’ll be. After 18 years, I’m sure it’s rather high.” She just wanted to punch him. To see that look whipped from his face. To ruin that face he cared so much about.

PM
^
justin s. braxton
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 04:21 PM
18 years old
socialite
PUREBLOOD
played by sophii
33 posts Offline

Words: 556

all shook up

He guessed if there was one thing he could admire in Katrina Langdon (not that Justin often looked for things to admire in her) it was that she was very loyal. Her vendetta against him was not for her sake, not really. He had caused her friend Tanner some grievance and whether or not Justin's role in Tanner's problems was real or imagined, Kat stood by her friends. Justin had to respect that in her. He wasn't a sentimental sort, but he knew the meaning of true loyalty and he valued it in other people.

Of course, he wasn't about to turn this whole conversation around and start to tell her how touching her loyalty to her friends was. That would undo years of beautiful hatred. Justin loved winding Kat up far too much to tell her that sometimes he could see that, beneath it all, she was actually a decent person. Besides, he didn't really see her as his societal equal. She was the daughter of two werewolves, for goodness' sake. He was a Braxton. Pureblood wizard (just about) and co-heir to a fortune. He saw zero benefit in trying to build a positive relationship with Kat Langdon. In any case, he was fairly sure they had long gone past the point of no return.

Pathetic, she called him. Pathetic? His eyebrows raised ever-so-slightly. That had struck a nerve and he was surprised at the vague annoyance that he felt. He kept his face impassive, not wanting her to know she'd managed to get a rise out of him. "I heard you creatures and creature-lovers need protected from yourselves, more than anything else. I'm just worried for your welfare. Obviously" his sarcastic tone was obvious, but he kept his voice smooth, even. He would not let her know that word had annoyed him. He wasn't sure why. Perhaps it was because he was feeling pretty 'pathetic' of late; unemployed, aimless, unsure of what to do next. This hadn't been his action plan for after graduation.

He had to laugh when she asked him how many people had beaten him up. The answer was - not many. Justin had known who to make friends with and who to avoid at school. He'd made sure to have a few big, burly, thuggish guys in his inner circle. Pleased them with jokes and privilege and the semblance of friendship until they thought he was loyal to them, so they gave him their loyalty, too. Of course, most of them had been complete idiots. Justin had managed to tolerate them enough and make them feel smart enough that they would protect him. Failing that, he wasn't bad with a wand and could defend himself okay in a duel. He was also fairly fit and fast on his feet. Running away wasn't below him if he really felt that he was physically threatened.

"Not as many as you'd like to think, Langdon," he said with a slight chuckle. "Is this you threatening me? Or challenging me to a fight?" he looked at her archly, daring her to take the bait. They were in a very public place - if she was violent towards him it would only bring trouble on her head, not his. He was, as usual, in a position of privilege here and boy did he know it.

NOTES: for mich with @katrina langdon ! sorry i took forever!

&

PM
^
katrina m. langdon
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 02:01 PM
17 years old
Gryffindor
HALF-BLOOD
played by mich
76 posts Offline

T
hroughout all of their interactions, it had never occurred to Kat that it was even possible for her to strike a nerve with Justin. There was a time that she honestly tried during their arguments. A small hope that if she said the right thing, hit the right nerve, he would stop. But that hope vanished fairly quickly. For a nerve to be struck he had to on some level care about things. History had shown over the years that he simply didn’t care. Caring is what made things hurt, it’s what made the snarky words hit harder and deeper.

Kat cared. That was in some weird way her problem. She kept her face stern, annoyed, even angry. She made the efforts to appear unfazed and seemingly disinterested. None of it was true though. Every comment Justin made about her parents struck a nerve. If it had just been Justin making those comments it would be different, but they were the comments she had heard all her life. Every one of her foster families made a point of saying horrible things about her parents. The only difference between the things her foster family said and Justin said was the fact she could fight back with Justin. She had her outlet, while she couldn’t show that she cared, she could at least feel something.

Experience had made it clear appearing to care never ended well for her. It just gave people ammunition against her. The world had enough of that already for Kat. Her parents were werewolves locked away for the rest of their lives. She was in the eyes of Ministry an orphan. She was handed from foster family to foster family. She was actually shipped off to another country to ensure she didn’t show up at the walls of purgatory. The people that mattered in Kat’s life knew just how much she cared. They knew the real reason she was always so angry, why she fought and yelled. Even if others knew, she could let them actually see just how much it all hurt.

Kat’s eyes rolled. Justin didn’t know it, but he was diving into one of the largest arguments she had hated. The idea that Purgatory was created to protect the creatures. It was an argument that so many people tried to make to justify the situation they were willing putting human beings in. ”So let me get this right, you’re pathetic and a moron? Ignoring the fact we both know you don’t give a rat’s arse about my welfare, do you honestly believe any of it has to do with creature protection. You really don’t know a single thing do you?” Kat didn’t know anything about Justin’s life over the past two years. She didn’t care about a single thing that happened in his life. But this was the first time she realized he didn’t know a single thing about the real world.

It wasn’t always easy to know when Justin was trying to intentionally bait Kat. She assumed it was always the case, but it was easy for her to fall into the trap that was Justin Braxton. Luckily this time she knew what he was trying to do. Her arms crossed as she glared at the young wizard. ”No Braxton, I’m just making it clear you’re a slimy git that brings out a strong desire in others to punch you in your face.”

PM
^
justin s. braxton
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 06:24 PM
18 years old
socialite
PUREBLOOD
played by sophii
33 posts Offline

Words: 528

all shook up

Actually, it could end up quite amusing if the poor girl started trying to fight him here in the bookshop. Justin was rather bored with his life nowadays and he could use some light entertainment. Usually he entertained himself just perfectly with books and Quidditch training and parties. His mother was a well known socialite and was always looking a plus one to attend parties with her, if she wasn't throwing them herself. Pureblood wizards of his own generation were starting to grow into practices not dissimilar to their parents'. His social calendar was far from sparse. He did not lack for friends, or rather for acquaintances. He had plenty of lackeys who would bend over backwards to be invited to a Braxton ball. But his failure to gain a spot in the career ladder of his dreams had knocked him for six. He felt almost lonely in his failure. Of course, he did not consider these feelings very often, but they were there, no matter how hard he worked to repress them.

Those feelings were now easily directed, in their compacted and distilled way, toward Katrina Langdon. He didn't realise it, but these feelings of failure were the exact reason why her using that word 'pathetic' had struck such a nerve in him. His face twisted into a sneer as he watched her eyes roll and he could feel that irritation rising even more. However, he wanted to keep control of this situation. He was happy for her to be annoyed at him, but he could not, would not, show her that she was able to get under his skin. She had never used to be able to do that. Had he really gotten that soft in the past two years?

He listened to her rant with an impassive look on her face. Pleased by the fact that he clearly had managed to rile her up more than she had him, he continued to smirk slightly as she ranted on about 'creature protection'. "You're right, I don't give a rats arse, as you say." he replied. "Well, educate me then, Langdon. What do you think I should know about protecting creatures?" the sarcasm in his voice was evident. Justin had never tried to learn much about creature welfare, that much was true. It was such a damn big deal nowadays that sometimes he thought he should. As far as he was concerned, the Daily Prophet gave him plenty of information on it. From what he could tell, creatures were simply a danger to his own welfare.

He had to laugh out loud as she crossed her arms at him like a petulant child and called him a slimy git. "Oh, Langdon. It's just like the bad old days at Hogwarts." his smirk was almost a grin now. "You really are so easy to wind up." he chuckled to himself. "Of course you would want to punch me though. I suppose that's the baser instincts you get from your parents. Do all werewolves fight like muggles?" his tone was light and cheery, as if he was simply enquiring about how the weather had been in France.

NOTES: for mich with @katrina m. langdon !

&
PM
^
katrina m. langdon
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 05:05 PM
17 years old
Gryffindor
HALF-BLOOD
played by mich
76 posts Offline

T
he time spent at Beauxbatons and Purgatory had almost made Kat forget that people like Justin still existed. True she knew they did, it wasn’t as if she suddenly forgot the world was not a fair place. It was impossible to forget that fact when you lived in a cement town surrounded by gates and barbwire. But when you were in that place, also surrounded by family and a community, you could pretend for at time the outside world didn’t exist. It was probably what the Ministry wanted the creatures to do anyways, get to the point where purgatory was all there was for the residence.

Kat knew she would have to deal with these people again. The one’s that didn’t know what was really happening, the ones that didn’t care. The ones that believed in this horrible idea of the greater good, as if that meant something significant. She knew she needed to prepare herself, to get ready for the fights she knew she would have. It was all there, ready to explode out when the opportunity presented itself. She just hadn’t expected it, especially not with Justin. His disregard for the seriousness of it all made Kat’s blood boil. While he thought she was riled up, she wasn’t. Not yet. Kat was naturally angry, it was her base level. But his sarcastic tone about protecting creatures well that was too much. That did get under her skin.

Taking a step toward Justin, Kat fought the urge to grab her newly made wand. She hadn’t gotten a lot of chances to put it to good use, but even her bore into the young wizard in front of her she knew now wasn’t a good time to find out what it was capable of. ”That Sammy shouldn’t have died at the hands of students like you.” No one knew who had actually killed Tanner’s little brother during the Hogwarts attack, and no one was really looking into it. After all, they were just creatures, why should anyone care? ”But what does it matter right? He was just a creature, his life didn’t mean anything.”

Kat clenched her fists tightly, trying to keep herself from doing something actually stupid. She could feel her nails digging into the palm of her hands. But it was the better option. Both of them knew if she did something, only she would be the one getting in trouble. ”Why fight when just a little nip will turn you into one of the horrible things you hate so much. Far more amusing for me anyways.”

PM
^
justin s. braxton
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 04:54 PM
18 years old
socialite
PUREBLOOD
played by sophii
33 posts Offline

Words: 558

all shook up

He couldn't imagine anything worse than being forced to live in Purgatory, so he absolutely could not understand why anyone would choose to live there. As far as he knew, Katrina was not obliged to live with her parents. They were creatures, freaks of nature - she wasn't. Well, not technically. He liked to call her a freak, but she wasn't actually a werewolf. She was no more dangerous to society than he was. Or so he thought. Of course, Justin had no idea what the inside of Purgatory was actually like and he had no intention of finding out anymore about it, either. She could challenge him all she liked on his ignorance. He simply did not want to be educated on the subject.

His instinct was to step back when she moved towards him, but he held his ground. His wand was in his pocket, within easy reach. If he had to use it, he was ready. He had been in the duelling club at school. Wand-to-wand fighting did not scare him, especially when the threat was from a peer. Had Kat been ten years older or in auror training, he might have been worried. As it was, he continued to stand, perfectly at ease, smirking away at her.

He quirked his eyebrows at the mention of her dead friend. Was she really trying to pin this on him? He had been shocked when he'd heard the news. Murder of a Hogwarts student. Even if the boy had been a creature, it wasn't right. Pupils should be safe in school. "I didn't have anything to do with that." he said coolly, meeting her eyes. "Of course it matters," he retorted, rolling his eyes at her sarcasm, "It matters to you, anyway." he didn't realise how callous these words sounded. He almost felt a little sympathy at her bereavement. In the end, he hadn't really known the kid. He would've felt more sorry for those involved if he had known more about them - perhaps. As it was, the incident had made him feel threatened and that was why he wanted to prevent something like that happening again. Clearly keeping creatures away from wizards was for everyone's safety. Wouldn't it make more sense to put them in a separate school off the back of that attack?

He watched her as she held her anger back, taking in her body language. He didn't really feel much anymore. He wasn't even amused by their little spat. The mention of death had really put a downer on it all. His eyes flashed in disgust when she insinuated that he could easily be turned into something less than human. "That's a disgusting way to fight," he stated. Thinking back to the werewolf that he had stumbled on in the summer, how it had been so strong, how he had ran. He pushed the screams of the girl he had abandoned to her fate to the back of his head. Surely the werewolves were the most fearsome creatures that roamed their streets. "Anyway, werewolves don't just 'nip'. They maul people." he crossed his arms over his body. He had managed to avoid that unfortunate girl since the attack - he wasn't even sure what had happened to her - but he was sure that she had suffered more than just a 'nip'.

&
PM
^
katrina m. langdon
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 04:12 PM
17 years old
Gryffindor
HALF-BLOOD
played by mich
76 posts Offline

J
ustin might have thought her comment was too real, putting a downer on their little exchange. But that was because to him it was all some type of game. As if all their interactions were just little amusements for entertainment. Nothing serious. It was one of the reasons she hated him so much. Because they weren’t a game, the things they tended to talk about were serious. Death was a common topic regarding Purgatory and the way the Wizarding world treated creatures. She took another step toward him. Anger fueled her like it so often did. She wanted nothing more than to just slap him, hex him, do anything to make he stop acting like it was as some game.

”You really thinking constantly talking about how worthless and unimportant creatures are didn’t make people think they actually were? Enough to actual kill one? It happens all the time, innocent helpless creatures. Wizards did it, not creatures, but you act like the creatures are the problem.” Kat watched his eyes for a moment. Maybe she would have let it go, if he had stopped there, that it mattered. The caveat though, that was too much. ”If you had a heart Justin it would matter to you too. It was Sammy. Tanner’s little brother. You two were friends for a time; he talked about his little brother. You heard him talk about his big brother disappearing fearing he had died and his little brother actually died. At school of all places. I knew you were horrible, but I thought…” Her head shook. Why was she bothering. ”It doesn’t matter what I thought. This is just some amusing game to you. You never cared that it’s always been life or death.”

Those in purgatory would at times, most times even, talk about purgatory callously. They had to. It was everywhere they turned. There was no escaping it. If you took every death as seriously as they all really were it would tear a person apart. But there was an odd dynamic to it. You almost had to earn the right to be callus about it all. It was only allowed when the person knew how serious it all was. Justin had never earned that right. He never saw it for how serious it all was. How could he know, he didn’t want to. She laughed heartlessly at his statement. ”Of course it’s a disgusting way to fight. But it works doesn’t it. For you to be what you despise so much. Seems like the right type of comeuppance.”

Kat needed to leave it be. The conversation, the anger was getting away from her. It be fair it always did. But that had always been at school. Or with her foster family. At school she couldn’t get too carried away, a professor would stop her, or Tanner on occasion. With her foster family she ran away. She always reached some point when she was hit with the realization they were not really her family and she could just walk away. They weren’t worth her time. Or sometimes her foster family just threatened to lock her up. That usually made her stop. Something normally stopped her except now. She started blankly at Just for a moment as his arms crossed. Did he really just say that…to her? ”Well no duh you moron. You don’t think my parents still the scars from when they were mauled. You think they wanted it? Merlin Justin are you that bloody dense?”

PM
^
justin s. braxton
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 12:04 PM
18 years old
socialite
PUREBLOOD
played by sophii
33 posts Offline

Words: 685

all shook up

He had thought she was angry before. Now he thought she was really angry. Though he mostly felt disdain for her, showing off her passions (which he felt were rather misplaced) and letting off steam in public, there was a very small twinge of guilt that pricked at his conscience. Part of Justin knew that he didn't understand what Katrina or her parents had gone through. Of course, he was glad that he didn't have to understand it, because that meant that nothing that terrible had happened to him. He was cushioned by wealth and status. He knew that his family name and his money protected him from a lot of cruel things in life. That didn't necessarily meant he ever felt pity on those who didn't have such protections, but Katrina's strong reactions to his baiting made him realise that it really did mean a lot to her.

She launched into a rant and he couldn't help but have a slightly patronising look on his face. He was listening, alright. That didn't mean he was taking what she said really seriously. He narrowed his eyes slightly as she spoke, listening closely to what she said. Poor innocent creatures? Was she serious? How could she say creatures were so innocent when werewolves like her parents had killed plenty of wizards. How could she say that blood-sucking vampires were 'innocent' when they drank other people's blood? Alright, he could agree that the creatures confined to purgatory were 'poor' in a monetary sense - he assumed, or else they wouldn't be put in that position, would they? However, he couldn't be convinced that they were as defenceless and innocent as this girl was trying to tell him.

The youngest Braxton son did not like feeling challenged, especially when he could tell that the challenge she was throwing at him was valid. Did it matter to him? The young banshee who had died? Truth be told, it didn't. He knew in his head that he should technically feel bad about it, but it just wasn't close enough to him for him to get upset about it. Clearly, that was not the case for the girl he was talking to. He could have almost rolled his eyes as she said it was a game to him. It wasn't a game. It was an issue he really didn't want to get involved in. So he didn't know why she was ranting at him. (Well, he did - it was because he had wound her up.)

Maybe she was expecting an apology, but there was no way in hell he would be letting a 'sorry' escape his lips, no matter how much she ranted at him. He pursed his lips to avoid saying anything, bored as he was of this girl's ranting and not wanting to bring on any more rage-filled monologues. Her reply to his description of werewolf fighting techniques did not please him one bit. He shook his head. He was tired of this now. He wanted to leave. However, he didn't want it to look like she'd won. His pride would not let him show Langdon that she had struck a nerve. So he fought to keep his face impassive, his lips tight. "So that's how your parents think, is it?" he simply said, flatly. Perhaps it was unwise to keep it personal, but he wanted to point out the irony in her statement. Surely she could see that the reason wizards feared werewolves was that they might actually want to attack other wizards and make them transform? What she had said simply confirmed those fears.

Her calling him a 'moron' and 'dense' was enough for him. It was also a good excuse to leave before he got mad and embarrassed himself. "Langdon, if you really refuse to be civil, please get out of my way." he scoffed at her, derision evident in his voice. He went to push past her slightly, he was just going to leave the shop without the treats. Surely there would be somewhere else with better clientele that sold the same owl treats.

&

PM
^
katrina m. langdon
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 01:43 AM
17 years old
Gryffindor
HALF-BLOOD
played by mich
76 posts Offline

T
here was no good reason for Kat to still be there, talking to Justin. Talking as though there was even a chance something she said would make it through to him. She was ranting to a boy who simply didn’t care at all. While he might thing it wasn’t really a game to him, Kat knew better. This entire interaction was a game, she knew it the moment he started in on her. His words were used to wind her up. He had wanted this, or at least some of it. When her mind focused again, when she stopped seeing red she would know he wanted the banter, he wanted to be what he considered playful. But that wasn’t what he had gotten, because he had said the wrong things. Brought up the wrong things. So now their game had changed.

Instead Kat’s blood was boiling. Her anger seeping into every inch of her body. It fueled her, like it so often did in the past. Despite how often she yelled, how often she seemed to explode, no one had ever seen her truly angry. She had always kept part of it in. Only Tanner would know the entirely of it, though she wondered if the truth of her anger would surprise him. She kept part of it in because at times she feared what would happen. Would her anger be taken out on her parents or the others in Purgatory that she loved? Would eventually she annoy the Ministry too much and do something worse to her than banishing her to France? It was never worth it to let the anger truly and completely take over.

Justin however hit a nerve, one that she had not full processed yet. The death of Sammy. The little boy that she loved. She missed his first year at Hogwarts, she missed his sorting. His first feast. His first day of class. After school she was supposed to come back and see him. He was in her eyes a little brother, and she wasn’t there to protect him. While she might not have been able to do anything, she should have been there. Then she missed his funeral. She didn’t allow herself to truly mourn because she didn’t think she deserved to mourn. Part of her thought of her time in France as abandoning the Callaghan’s, before Sammy’s death she was even thinking about staying in France. Maybe even making it home. But instead Sammy was murdered and now she was back. And Justin was talking so callously about it well, she didn’t see the point in holding back her anger. Not now.

Kat walked up to Justin, closing the gap between them. She didn’t care that he had more than a few inches on her. She didn’t care that he stood there so indifferently. It was still a game. He didn’t know the nerve that he had stuck. But it didn’t really matter. She didn’t care. Because Kat was angry. Her voice was lower than usual, barely above a whisper. And there was a certain amount of stillness in her words as though they were well calculated and thought out. ”No, my parents are too good of people for that. It’s what I think. And I would have no problem doing it. You deserve to be locked up more than half the people in Purgatory. I would take great pleasure in forcing you there myself.” His words and tone did nothing to Kat’s stance. At the moment she was more than content standing where she was. Blocking him from moving. She held her ground even as he tried to push past. ”Don’t use words you do not understand. There is not a civil bone in your body Braxton. You are a spoiled unless asshole with nothing else going for him than his name. Even that won’t be enough.”

Finally she moved, stepping aside just enough that he could squeeze by if he needed to. She wanted to hex him, send him flying across the shop’s floor. To see him on the ground for a moment broken. Maybe that would make him understand. But in truth she knew nothing actually would. No, because her words were in her mind true. The only thing Justin Braxton had was his last name. Without it, he was nothing, so why should she bother. Why should she put her own well-being in jeopardy for something so worthless?

oops...she got a bit cranky
PM
^
justin s. braxton
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 03:34 PM
18 years old
socialite
PUREBLOOD
played by sophii
33 posts Offline

all shook up

She was ranting at him and, quite frankly, he was done with listening to her. He stood, stony-faced, as she continued to say her piece. Justin refused to even give that an answer. First of all, she was threatening him - saying that her parents wouldn't hurt him, but she might. Second, she was insulting his intelligence. In fact, she had insulted him a number of times during this impromptu and unwanted meeting. It had started out as quite amusing, but now he simply felt mildly annoyed, bored and irritated (despite the fact that he had essentially instigated the hostile conversation).

"Alright, Langdon, I'm glad you got that out." he almost sneered at her, however it was with some relief that he noticed she had moved aside. He could escape, he hoped. Unless she planned on cursing him as he walked past. His hand rested lightly on where his wand was held in his jacket pocket. Just in case.

"I can't say it was lovely to see you but I suppose it was somewhat entertaining," he drawled as he walked past, "Good day." He edged past the angry brunette, walking as fast as he could without making it obvious that he was in a hurry to leave. Leaving the owl treats for now, he headed straight for the door and wrenched it open so he could escape into the busy street outside. The shop bells jangled as the door slammed shut.

NOTES: for mich with @katrina m. langdon ! finito i think?

&
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY RACHEL (BREEZEBLOCKS. @ SHINE) mini profile by ree at shine.
ICC