kerensa e. trenwith
 Posted: May 19 2017, 12:09 PM
182 years old
tutor
VAMPIRE
played by sophii
16 posts Offline

about

Kerensa here is a 182 year old vampire who is originally from Cornwall circa 1800s, that's why she's got the weird-ass name.See here for here application and more of her backstory. She's a sweetheart who is still kind of getting over the fact that she has to drink blood to sustain herself. She tries to keep her life as normal as possible and is working as a tutor for the communities of creatures in Purgatory and Tearmann (offering night classes etc for those who want to learn more than they were taught at Hogwarts and she's also happy to teach kiddies who haven't gotten to the Hogwarts stage yet). She is a semi-vegetarian and usually only drinks animal blood with scheduled feeding on human volunteers, sleeping muggles or from a blood bag. She is a registered vampire so she tries to keep everything she does above board although of course she really wants the ministry to wise up and give creatures more rights, she thinks there should be a peaceful route to obtaining that. She's been alive over a century so there's plenty of things to say about her but basically: compassionate, controlled (though she does have a hot temper but she keeps a tight reign on it), intelligent, perfectionist.

friends

Kerensa isn't massively extroverted but she's not shy either. She feels warmly towards most people because she thinks there is inherent value in human (and 'non-human', for that matter) life. She is a very warm person in general and someone who would be the 'mother' character in a friendship group. She's a fairly young vampire so she's just started going through the pain of losing her wizarding friends to their darn mortality, so I would imagine she is focusing on her relationships with other vampires because hopefully they will stick around as long as she does. However, I can see her having a fair amount of friends and acquaintances. Anyone who lives in Purgatory or Tearmann she'll likely come across and she will try to bring in things that they need and help out as much as possible. She is fairly well off and would be quite generous with that. She also gives good advice. Be her friend! <3

enemies

Anyone who doesn't like vampires? Even though Kerensa is basically the model of what a 'nice' vampire is I mean come on. She does have the stereotypical 'redhead' hot temper although she keeps it under control for the most part, there will be times when she flies off the handle. If you can think of a decent reason why your character might have pissed her off enough for her to lose it, let me know! Also, she might not get on well with some of her fellow vampires depending on their attitude to things - if they think she's lame for being veggie, or if they love killing people she'll be like nuh-huh. She doesn't mind it when others feed only on humans, but she doesn't want them dictating to her what to do, either.

love

This is fairly open. I would imagine her to have been very wary about any sort of romance for a good few decades after she got turned as she got turned by Nathaniel Braxton after he tried to ~woo her. So ya know, that kind of turned her off men/ romance in general. However, I'm happy for people to have crushes on her, or for any fellow vampires that might have crossed her path in the past hundred or so years to have had little flings with her... any ideas welcomed!

other

So all her family will be long dead because she was a muggleborn so her parents didn't even have a wizard's lifespan. However, this category could involve: pupils? People in the ministry she has to report to? People who worked for the OOTP (she supported them in the first and second wars) might remember her? Throw some fun ships at her, guys! Go wild!
kerensa.

PM
^
nathianel e. braxton
 Posted: May 20 2017, 11:24 AM
312 years old
trust fund baby
VAMPIRE
played by SPARROW
60 posts Offline

nate & kerensa -- uh obvs she's going to fall into his arms swooning and they'll ride off into the sunset on unicorns together. i tender the following -

exhibit a:

exhibit b:

the defence rests.

kayla & kerensa: kayla is my bby vamp, she's only like eighteen months old and had a really rough start after she got turned on a contiki tour and then her whole coven got slaughtered. she got adopted by the pirates and is currently sailing the high seas (kerensa has probably crossed paths with carrick, the captain). she'd be v/ interested in kerensa's diet and want to learn i think.

the others: will be added when it isn't 2 am, really i just wanted to post romelza gifs ngl.

@SPARROW
PM
^
kerensa e. trenwith
 Posted: May 25 2017, 04:44 PM
182 years old
tutor
VAMPIRE
played by sophii
16 posts Offline

kerensa & nate omg you're killing me here with those gifs i can't even.....
i'm excited for these two. should we do a reunion thread? (answer: YES) basically kensa has such mixed feelings about nate because she really did fancy him A LOT but then he tried to drain all the blood out of her and it's HIS FAULT SHE'S LIKE THIS so she's not really impressed with that. however i feel like there is this electric chemistry between them that she just can't ignore and she really wants to jump his bones all the time but she will restrain herself (for now lol) because that's what she always does.... and i think she wants to be a ~good influence on him in some way and basically she will eventually fall in love with him if he doesn't push her away too much and that's that.

kerensa & kayla: awww, poor little kayla sounds a bit tragic! kerensa would feel for her and just want to mother her. maybe she hears kayla's story from carrick and then comes to her like 'hi do you want me to be your vampire mum' lol. she would do something weird like that. i imagine she's all up for ~educating young vampires because i mean she's a teacher anyways but also she wants them to realise that it's not all that bad and sometimes deer blood can taste kinda ok.

@SPARROW
PM
^
nathianel e. braxton
 Posted: May 26 2017, 06:03 AM
312 years old
trust fund baby
VAMPIRE
played by SPARROW
60 posts Offline

nate & kerensa -- ew no i dont want to thread with you at all UH OF COURSE I WANT A REUNION THREAD OK. nate is not a good person lol, like i can't even make excuses for him really, but he's interesting?? idk. but like i said to you before, he's kind of all or nothing, even though he's very rarely all, he'll probably go all ?o!? when he realises kerensa didn't die because he was trying to turn her and thought he killed her instead, he was never actually trying to kill her. HE'S REALLY BAD WITH SOCIAL CUES OK, YOU MEAN I SHOULD ASK BEFORE I TRY TO GIVE YOU IMMORTALITY???? um but yeah, he'll lose his shit, and i totally dig the chemistry idea. he's a terrible influence. he's going to try to corrupt her, no doubt, and i can kind of see this push and pull thing with them, trying to bring the other to their side of the line, each seeing that ~potential in the other??? idk. but i need things ok, did you have anything in particular you wanted to start with?

kayla & kerensa: kayla is such a basic bitch okay, don't feel too sorry for her, her biggest bitch with the boat is that there's no wifi and it seriously impugns her ability to update her instagram. i joke, kayla is gorgeous and would love a vampire mum. at the moment carrick is teaching her control and moderation, but he doesn't exactly live the most straight-laced life lbh. so it's still making kayla feel a little icky, but she doesn't realise that there's even an alternative, so finding out that animal blood is an option would probably blow her mind, because she's too close to her humanity, and too nervous about reverting back to who she was when she was out of control to be comfortable feeding on humans.

haley & kerensa: random suggestion but idk, im getting a vibe that these two would get along. haley works on the creature induced injury floor at st mungos as a mediwitch and is too outspoken for her own good and v/pro creature rights. idk, maybe kerensa needs to bring someone in or needs medical help or s/t. i just feel like they'd get along/

calla & kerensa: calla is a veela in purgatory, but unlike kerensa, she is not all about this non-violent life. she's not particularly aggressive in and of herself, but she wouldn't be opposed to being violent. she works as a waitress in the leaky until curfew and frequently sneaks out of purgatory at night to get supplies for the other residents bc she has about zero concern for her own welfare. she's working with draculs group, who are decidedly pro-violence. she's basically a little blonde ball of bitterness and anger with nowhere to direct it, so it might be interesting to put them in the same room, considering the vastly different philosophies.

@kerensa e. trenwith

PM
^
kerensa e. trenwith
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 02:23 PM
182 years old
tutor
VAMPIRE
played by sophii
16 posts Offline

kerensa & nate we should totally do a reunion thread! potentially with cerri in the mix?!? i love the idea of them developing into a kinda of 'push and pull' friendship, like she's trying to push him to be better and he's trying to pull her to the dark side haha. i think she will just want to be around him more once they reunite though because of the weird pull she'll feel towards him, maybe because he turned her, partly because she secretly fancies him and yea we'll see how they go???

kerensa & kayla: aw sweet! kerensa would love to be the angel on kayla's shoulder! we must engineer a meeting for them.

kerensa & haley: yesssss. maybe kensa has rescued some people attacked in purgatory or tearmann or something and brought them to mungo's? she met haley that way and they chat often about how they can change the world?

kerensa & calla: i feel like kerensa would kind of grind on calla by trying to be all calm and pacifist. but in the end they probably want the same things, just by different means. i can see them being cordial at times towards each other then at other times having epic arguments. you don't really want to get kensa angry. lol.

@SPARROW
PM
^
marvolo d. thorne
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 01:08 PM
24 years old
ANIMAGI
PUREBLOOD
played by ANNA
86 posts Offline

I know we were chatting in my thread too but I thought of something else and figured i should... yeah

Darren & Kerensa
Darren is my pureblood, son of deatheaters but they were death eaters who only followed Voldy because of being systematically tortured and lost their minds. He was raised fairly isolated except for some muggles he got to care for but that wasn't until he was almost hogwarts age. He had to basically trick his parents into letting him go there and he dropped out shortly after starting. Now despite being sorted into ravenclaw because he like knowledge and respects those who have it, by the time hogwarts came, he had been pretty good at hiding the fact that he couldn't read, even from teachers. Most just thought he was a slacker and after dropping out to deal with his parents, he never went back. He now plays quidditch and is really a master at pretending he's not illiterate.

He's a bit of a damaged grumpy-face with OCD and in love with his team-mate and he would never ever seek out help, but maybe somehow he and Kerensa meet and she figures it out. Offers to teach him. He'd get defensive and mad at first but I could see him agreeing if that's something she might do

PM
^
kerensa e. trenwith
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 03:49 PM
182 years old
tutor
VAMPIRE
played by sophii
16 posts Offline

kerensa & darren this is a GREAT idea! poor darren though. precious little soul. kensa feels for him!

i can't think of how they would meet, does he have any connections to purgatory kids at all? or maybe she was given a heads up by a sympathetic hogwarts teacher, like they mentioned this kid who seemed bright and dropped out and kensa just got curious and decided to find him? she'll just want to mother him. she could pose as a quidditch agent and get him to try and read a contract idk but yes i love this idea and she will TOTALLY teach him how to read! <3

@marvolo d. thorne
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY RACHEL (BREEZEBLOCKS. @ SHINE) mini profile by ree at shine.
ICC